absoluteBLACK Premium Oval Chainrings for Shimano - Black
absoluteBLACK Premium Shimano 110/4 bcd compatible oval chainrings are designed for new type of Shimano cranks Dura-Ace 9100, Ultegra 8000 & 105 R7000 only. These are finest oval chainrings on the market in terms of shifting, smoothness of pedaling and manufacturing quality. (They can be also retrofitted to 9000 and 6800 cranks). 10/11/12spd compatible.
- One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
- Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Qrings due to thicker, 5mm construction
- Bespoke Absolute Black 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
- Finest design that provides excellent strength to weight ratio
- You will not "feel" the oval shape while pedaling
- Your pedaling action will feel smoother
- Helps reduce stress on knees and helping your legs remain fresher for longer
- You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
- Reduces possibility of leg cramps
- You will reduce chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%
Compatibility: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, R9120, R9150 & R9170 Di2 and Ultegra 8000, R8020, R8050 & 8070 Di2, 105- R7000, R7020, R7070.
Material: 7075 TXXX aluminium
Finish: Type II anodizing
Sold as single chainring only
Made in Poland
Ovality: Optimized to each size separately. 34T- 6.5% ; 36T, 38T, 39T- 11.4%, 50/52/53T - 10-11.2% ; Timing of 108 -110.5° after TDC (top dead center) - Ideal for road climbing. Patent Pending
Mfr Claimed Weight
50T (120g), 52T (137g), 53T(139g)
34T (31g), 36T (37g), 38T (41g), 39T (42g)
Ramps on big rings are specially configured for combinations: 50/34, 52/36, 52/38, 53/39T
*If you wish to use other configuration it will also work, but shifting will be slower and may require more "adjustments" of front dérailleur to be acceptable. Also remember that front dérailleur can only accept max 16T difference between 2 chainrings - this is how Shimano and Sram designed them.
*Absolute Black always recommends using a new chain when fitting new chainrings.