Wolf Tooth Tanpan (SH11 Inline)
The Negotiator. The Tanpan makes Shimano 10- and 11-speed road shifters work with 10- and 11-speed mountain bike rear derailleurs. Crossing boundaries and breaking down walls: the Tanpan brings the range and security of Shimano mountain rear derailleurs to Shimano-equipped drop-bar bicycles. This means greater gearing range for bigger adventures, better chain security for rough terrain, and lighter weight and reduced complexity for the daily commute.
In order to deliver these benefits, the Tanpan amplifies road shifter cable pull to allow for seamless communication with mountain derailleurs. The result is ideal for riders looking to convert their road, gravel, cyclocross, or commuter bike to the simplicity and light weight of a single chainring – or for those whose riding demands lower gearing than a typical double can provide. With the addition of a clutch-equipped Shadow+ rear derailleur, the Tanpan provides unparalleled chain security for Shimano road drivetrains.
The 17g Tanpan installs in moments, tucking neatly above the rear derailleur and an indexed barrel provides for quick and easy cable adjustment. Each Tanpan is CNC machined in the USA by Wolf Tooth and comes fitted with precision stainless steel hardware and a sealed cartridge bearing.
If the rear derailleur cable is routed internally through the chainstay and exits at the end of the chainstay above the axle or past the axle out the very end, you will need to use the inline version. This is because the Tanpan barrel adjuster end sits too close to the frame for the internally routed cable to exit the frame and enter the Tanpan barrel adjuster. The Inline Tanpan includes ferrule and takes place of barrel adjuster in 4mm cable housing.
- Always adhere to manufacturer's published derailleur tooth capacity specifications.
- 1.1mm diameter shift cable recommended and a new cable is always a good idea.
- The Tanpan 10 is compatible with 10-speed Shimano road shifters and optimized for ten-speed Shimano mountain derailleurs.
- 11-speed Shimano mountain derailleurs may be used with only a slight decrease in shifting performance
- The Tanpan 11 is compatible with 11-speed Shimano road shifters and optimized for eleven-speed Shimano mountain derailleurs (includes new Dura Ace 9100)
- Ten-speed Shimano mountain derailleurs may be used with only a slight decrease in shifting performance
- The Tanpan 11 is designed to mount directly to adjuster-free cable stops on Shimano rear derailleurs. Tanpan 10 must be mounted inline for optimal performance.
Material: 6061 aluminum body, Delrin wheel, stainless steel bolt
Made in the USA Wolf Tooth and Lindaret collaboration
Compatible with most road, gravel and CX bikes
Mfr Claimed Weight