Until now, cyclists could only choose between road or MTB clipless pedals. Road pedals offer the stable platform and power efficiency riders want, but they don’t work in mud. Off-road pedals are made for mud and walking, but their inferior connection is wobbly and wastes power.
To eliminate the problem of wasted power, the SYZR uses a 4-point contact, cinched together by downforce, to create a rock-solid connection not found in any other MTB system. The SYZR combines a stable connection, previously found only in road pedals, with the functionality of an MTB pedal to deliver optimal efficiency on any surface.SYZRs also include the renowned fit, feel and user-friendly features that cyclists have come to expect from Speedplay.
The SYZR Pedal System is for you if you are a:
- Current Speedplay Zero user who wants the same features and benefits in an off-road system.
- Rider who needs platform stability and 100% power transfer for Gravel or any off-road adventure.
- MTB rider who is dissatisfied with the sloppy, wobbly connection and inefficient power transfer of traditional off-road pedals.
- Off-Road Racer (Cross Country, Cyclo Cross, or Off-Road Triathlon) who seeks an off-road pedal system with the performance features of a road system.
- Endurance road rider who uses recessed cleat shoes for walking convenience but wants the power transfer and platform stability of a road system.
- Rider who is looking for fitting options including custom spindle lengths, micro-adjustable float, and leg length discrepancy solutions not offered with other brands.
For Off-road, gravel, cyclocross, touring, walkability
Micro-Adjustable Float (0-10 degrees)
Built-in grease port
Fits 2-hole SPD recessed-cleat shoes
55mm spindle length
Mfr Claimed Weight
312g (per pedal pair)
65g (per cleat pair)