ENVE G27 Gravel Carbon Disc Brake Wheelset - 650b
The G27 is the G23’s little big brother. Smaller in diameter and lighter in weight, the G27 is designed for disc brakes and higher volume tires demanded by many riders on rougher and looser terrain. At 320 grams, our lightest tubeless rim is 27mm wide and designed for tires marked 27.5 or 650B. Armed against pinch flats with the patent pending Wide Hookless Bead, the G27 is at home off-road and capable on tamer stretches of singletrack.
At ENVE, product strength and durability are always top design priorities.
- The G-series is tested to ENVE mountain impact standard
- Rated for unsuspended to lightly suspended bikes under the assumptions that technical terrain and obstacles are negotiated at lower speeds than mountain bike
- Mountain strong, but not ENVE mountain strong.
- While these wheels are stronger than many mountain bike wheels in the market, they rate just below the elevated impact strength of our new M Series
We demand lightweight for big elevation and long days in the saddle. We dream of floating up climbs, over obstacles and away from the pack. The G Series are the lightest tubeless rims we have ever produced.
The “bell” like shape of the G23 and G27 rim models is a lighter weight execution of our wide hookless bead and creates a rim section extremely capable of energy absorption and damping.
As carbon rims have become hookless and increasingly more durable, we have transitioned from rim failures to tire failures. Wearing a tire tread down to the casing is a thing of the past as most tires are lucky if they survive 50 miles of aggressive riding over obstacle laden terrain. While destroying an expensive tire on a weekly basis isn’t affordable, it’s a complete interruption of flow, and an utter buzzkill with a flat tire, regulated to the side of the trail.
ENVE’s wide hookless bead is the result of 2 years of carbon mountain bike rim development to address this scenario. We have since adapted it into our gravel wheelsets. The result is a rim shape that features a wider leading edge of the hookless bead. This broad surface creates a more forgiving platform on which the tire can bottom out, and proves extremely effective in reducing the likelihood of “pinch” or “snake-bite” style flat.
In addition to greatly improving tire performance and reliability, the wide hookless bead design beefs up the leading edge of the rim and allows for greater impact resistance.
ENVE Wide Hookless Bead (Patent Pending) delivers:
• 60% improvement in pinch flat resistance over other hookless rims
• Ability to run lower tire pressure and improve traction and rolling resistance
• The option to run lighter weight tires if desired
• A more forgiving buffer between rim and trail
• Greater impact resistance
Depth (F/R): 25mm/25mm
External Width (F/R): 35.5mm/35.5mmmm
Internal Width (F/R): 27mm/27mm
Hole Count (F/R): 24/24
Accepted Tire Sizes: 42c - 2.25"
Centrelock Rotor Compatible
12mm Thru-Axle Compatible
Mfr Claimed Weight
1275g (ENVE Alloy Hubs)